What is Stretch Ceiling?
Stretch ceilings are a type of suspended ceiling system that consists of two basic components: a perimeter track and a lightweight fabric membrane that stretches and clips into the track. The system can also be used for wall coverings, light diffusers, floating panels, exhibitions, and creative shapes in addition to ceilings. In this article you will learn about WHAT IS STRETCH CEILING.
Stretch Ceilings, through the use of a proprietary background support, enable the incorporation of all types of light fixtures, grilles, and fixing points. Almost any type of aperture can be included. If you are looking for one of the best dealer of stretch ceiling in Delhi, you can buy the best stretch ceiling from our website Conterior.
You should read – The Complete Guide to Interior Design and How to Get Started
Why would you choose a stretch ceiling?
Dropped ceilings are ideal for hiding imperfections and damaged surfaces in any space. External pipes with an unattractive finish can be easily covered with fabric.
Because this method lowers the ceiling, it cannot be used in rooms with low ceilings. They are ideal for traditional tenements and other high-ceilinged rooms. In this article you will learn about what is stretch ceiling.
Benefits of stretch ceiling
- The main advantage of a dropped ceiling made of cloth is its ease of installation. Other benefits of stretch ceilings include:
- Stretch ceilings are extremely resistant to mechanical damage. As a result, it is one of the most durable designs. They could last for dozens of years – manufacturers typically provide a 10-year warranty.
- A stretch ceiling creates a perfectly even surface, resulting in a flawless finish. Traditional finishes make this impossible. Manufacturers provide a wide variety of designs that can also be customized. A uniform surface or a 3D print with a specific pattern can be chosen. If you don’t want a smooth finish, you could go with a fabric ceiling in any shape.In this article you will learn about what is stretch ceiling.
- Fabrics used for stretch ceilings are resistant to humidity, fire, and dust. If properly installed, a dropped ceiling of this type is waterproof, so the cloth will not let anything through in the event of a leak from the upper level. A stretch ceiling, according to many manufacturers, can hold up to 100 litres of water depending on the construction. The fabrics used in these structures are fireproof.
- Acoustic insulation – a perforated membrane dropped ceiling can absorb noise from a room. It is especially useful in large lecture halls, as well as in private apartments, particularly bedrooms.
- Remebered from “Bedroom” – 15 Amazing Wall Ideas For Your Bedroom
- Simple to clean – once installed, a stretch ceiling requires no special care. They can be vacuumed, and the entire structure allows it to be removed, for example, to clean the piping system located above it. In this article you will learn about what is stretch ceiling.
- Read: What is Best between Wallpaper and Artificial Grass for Indoor?
The disadvantages of stretch ceiling
- Aside from the benefits, every fabric-covered dropped ceiling has drawbacks. They must be considered in order to be aware of the limitations of this method.
- The issue with sizing is that, while stretch ceilings are quite versatile, they are not suitable for every type of room. Fabric ceilings may be difficult to install evenly in irregularly shaped spaces or on walls with many niches and recesses. Although the boards can be adjusted to such conditions, the cost could be quite high.In this article you will learn about what is stretch ceiling.
- Another issue is that the maximum length of the cloth is 5 metres. Larger surfaces necessitate the use of two separate fabrics, which does not result in a perfectly even surface.
- Lighting options – the power of stretch ceiling lamps cannot exceed 40 W. They must also be protected from heat, as high temperatures can cause fabric discoloration.
- High cost – the total cost obviously depends on the size, chosen material, and complexity of the room, but dropped ceilings of this type are generally quite expensive. The costs rise as the project is customized, including special print design and fitting the construction to unusual rooms. In this article you will learn about what is stretch ceiling.
- A stretched ceiling may be preferable to a plasterboard ceiling. Its installation is much faster, requires fewer materials, and requires less work. Unlike plasterboard ceilings, fabric solutions necessitate the hiring of a team of specialists. During installation, the cloth is easily damaged.
- Wanna read – 11+ Astonishing Kitchen Makeover Ideas That Will Leave You Mesmerized?
How is a stretch ceiling installed?
Stretch ceilings do not necessitate the preparation of the main ceiling. The only thing to keep in mind is that nothing (such as dust or plaster) should fall off it. Smoothing the walls where the boards will be installed is required. During the installation, the furniture may remain inside. Warming up the room is necessary. The minimum temperature is 18°C, and the optimal temperature is 40°C. Before stretching out a PVC ceiling, the material should be warmed up to 60-70°C. The cloth ceiling does not need to be warmed up.In this article you will learn about what is stretch ceiling.
The fabric is attached to the corners of the structure with special fasteners before the structure is installed. The ceiling has been warmed up and is now attached to the wall boards. Because of the heat, the fabric contracts and stretches, resulting in a smooth and even surface. The final step is to conceal the slits between the boards and the walls.
How much does a stretch ceiling cost?
The cost of a dropped ceiling of this type is determined by a variety of factors. The most important is the room’s size. Another important consideration is the unusual shape of the room, as well as any recesses or niches – all of these difficulties contribute to the price increase. Customisations such as the material used (PVC or polyester), the pattern chosen, and the custom print all influence the price. Lighting is also important; you can use an LED strip or a traditional lamp that is designed specifically for this type of ceiling. In this article you will learn about what is stretch ceiling.
All of the aforementioned factors indicate that the cost of such a project is highly variable. Manufacturers typically provide a base price, but all individual additions raise the price.
You may also read: